Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Its been a few days since my last post and it feels like much longer. So much has happened! We have finally sunk into the island pace here on Koh Phangan. It took us a couple days to find the right spot to rent for the month, but now we have and it is wonderful. Logan and I have a bungalow that sits about 10 feet above the ocean on stilts. We have a massive deck where I spend my afternoons enchanted by the rolling ripples and changing light. There are mosquitoes that come up through the open floor boards and torment me, but hey, it's a small price to pay. Russel has a smaller bungalow adjacent to us, which is perfect for him.
The three of us have enrolled in the first month intensive at Agama Yoga (walking distance from our beachy home) and are currently on day 4. Put shortly - it is amazing! I feel I have already learned so much and I know it is just building up. My day starts around 7 with a cold shower (no water heater) and class starts at 8:30 with a morning lecture and then 1 hour practice. We then have 11 to 4 off to eat, relax, ride our motorbikes into town for killer pad thai and drool over the ocean. Then we are back at school from 4 to 8 starting with lecture, sun salutations, building asana practice and followed by yet another lecture. The emphasis this school takes is on subtle energetics and the powerful healing nature of yoga with concentration. As the days progress we have less lecture time and more practice time. Each day we learn a new asana that is added to the practice. (Asanas are held for 3 to 10 minutes and the amount of time is also building.) Tomorrow we are going to learn about music meditation which will be a part of the daily practice.
Life is so good and I am very grateful to all the beautiful people at home reading this and supporting me in all the ways you do.

2 comments:

  1. I raced through your latest post, hungrily devouring every syllable. Now, I'll go back and carefully enjoy each morsel. And my mind is saying, of course, my darling Elisa has made the perfectly intuitive choice and we shall all be nourished by it! Love to you and Logan and Russell, Grandma
    Your abodes by the sea sound mystically enchanting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elisa, just to let you know that I am stalking your blog and that I am enjoying it, thanks to Grandma, who sent the url [and who is one of the few people who still can read morsel code].

    Unca' Hini

    ReplyDelete