Monday, January 4, 2010

I am in the process of integrating the revelations and peace I experienced during the retreat. The warm and fuzzy feelings have died down, but the inner space is just as available. I am commited to cultivating it by meditating twice a day for the next 40 days even if it is only for 10 minutes. We went into the biggest city on Koh Phangan, Thongsala, today to restock on fresh produce and I was shocked by how overwhelming it was. I found myself not wanting to barter for food anymore yet frustrated because I thought I was getting ripped off. My perception of a rip off has drastically changed since arriving to Thailand. 15 cents for a lime - you have got to be kidding me! God, I've got to laugh at myself! Obviously, what are pennies to me are substantial for a hard working Thai woman. I aspire to be more graceful and compassionate and interactions like this one bring up a couple red flags on a more subtle level. It really feels good to give and thats all there is to it! It's my choice moment to moment to feel frustrated or peaceful. :)
Tomorrow is a really big day for Logan and myself. We are moving to a new home, starting level two at Agama and beginning a 9 day cleanse. I am truly thrilled about all of it! The place we found is so gorgeous. It is tucked away up in the mountains, away from the road which has become relentlessly noisy and smelly at our beach bungalow. It overlooks the ocean and on a clear day you can see Koh Samui. There was actually thought and taste put into designing it which is very rare in Thailand. The whole structure is make of this beautiful dark wood, the ceilings are high and even some nice artwork hangs on the walls. There is only one room, but it is spacious with big windows and a mosquitoe net - very key. There is a massive deck that serves as a gorgeous place for yoga, mediation, dance, entertaining and of course cooking. The kitchen is also on the deck, but we have a hot water shower! (Even if it is heated by electricity.)
Next exciting thing on my list is the cleanse which starts with a 2 day light liver flush and then a 7 day colon flush. I will spare you all the gory details. ;) Im a little timid about doing yoga while cleansing because from past experience it can be quite an exhausting, emotional thing, but I feel optimisitic. Level 2 is very different from the first month since it is only 3 days a week during the afternoon. We are expected and encouraged to create our own daily practice and we can still join the level 1 practice for free. That brings me to some really cool things that I have learned about the school. First of all none of the teachers are paid - they do it for the love of it. And secondly, a student can repeat the levels, classes and lectures that they have already done as many times as they want free of charge. Sounds good, huh. You Ojai folks would love it here.

1 comment:

  1. Elisa, darling - You have always been awesomely wonderful, but I do sense a deep purification in process! What an opportunity for enlightenment and delight in experiencing who you are. And you write about it with clarity and beauty.
    Thank you! Grandma

    ReplyDelete